Site Specific Plan for Galaxy Kids Code Club
Galaxy Kids LLC dba Galaxy Kids Code Club, wholly owned subsidiary of Galaxy Kids Inc.
312 Oak St, Brentwood, CA 94513
2420 Sand Creek Rd, Ste C1#307
Lucretia Shaw, email@example.com, 925-464-2466
Galaxy Kids Code Club is a place where children and youth come to learn computer programming and other technology skills via classes, camps, and workshops. Additionally, there is a retail component offering educational toys, specialty apparel, and tech gadgets.
The below outlines the procedures and policies that will be imposed in order to comply with state and local health orders and keep all of our customers safe.
Class sizes will be limited to comply with the maximum occupancy limits of the studio as well as any limits imposed on groups. Students who we are not able to accommodate in the studio will have the option to participate virtually. Occupancy limits will be posted on the front door if required by state and/or local COVID guidelines.
This plan will be updated periodically to be consistent with current California State and Contra Costa Contra guidelines.
General Safety and Health Protocols
- While occupancy limits for business remain in place, the viewing area/lobby will remain closed. This means adult care givers must drop their children off for class/camp and pick them up at the conclusion of class/camp. Only class attendees and customers shopping in the retail store will be allowed inside the studio.
- No food will be allowed inside the studio; students may bring water only in a spill proof container.
- Student worktables will be spaced at least 3 ft apart and boundaries marked to maintain social distancing.
- Pathways to the entrance/exit and the restroom will be marked to maintain social distancing.
- Signage is posted to remind students, staff, and customers of social distancing and good hygiene.
- Social distancing plan has been shared with all staff, and is posted on the doors and on our website at galaxykidscodeclub.com/covid19-protocols.
- Instructors and staff will wear masks and/or face shields at all times. Masks will be worn whenever close contact with a student is necessary. Face shields may be worn alone (without a mask) when the instructor/staff member is more than 6 ft from any student.
- All adults and youth older than 2 years are required to wear face masks or cloth face coverings at all times. This includes family members and caregivers waiting outside to drop-off or pick-up students.
- If a student starts to exhibit symptoms of COIVD-19 while in the studio, their emergency contact will be asked to come and pick the child up immediately.
- Students should only bring personal items that are absolutely necessary (such as medication). All personal items will be kept in the students designated work area.
- Students and staff members will use hand sanitizer upon entering the studio and before they leave the studio.
- The restroom is closed to the public. Students only will be allowed to use the restroom for emergencies during class. Adult caregivers should encourage their children to use the restroom at home before coming to class in order to minimize trips to the bathroom.
- In order to reduce use of shared equipment, students will be asked to bring their own headphones. Only computers and mouse will be provided at the studio.
- The studio and bathrooms are cleaned and disinfected in entirety daily either before or after classes.
- In addition to the daily cleanings, bathroom sink, toilet handles, and door handles will be sanitized with a disinfectant spray or wipe after each use.
- All high touch surfaces including computers and manipulatives are wiped down with either an alcohol wipe or an EPA approved disinfectant after each class. Computers and tablets will be cycled after each class to allow them to “breath” for at least 2 hours before being used again by another student.
- In addition to the main HVAC air filter, the studio has been equipped with two high quality portable air purifiers that completely filter all the air in the studio every 12 minutes.
Drop off and pick up procedures
- Students cannot be dropped off more than 5 min early for class or picked up more than 5 minutes after the conclusion of class.
- Only one adult caregiver may wait with the student outside the entrance.
- Student and caregiver may stand together, but at least 6 ft apart from other family groups while waiting outside. Face coverings are required for adults and children age 2 and older.
- If the child is visibly ill or exhibits symptoms consistence with those of COVID-19, they will not be allowed to enter whether or not they have a fever of 100.4°F or higher.
- Adult caregivers will be required to attest that they have conducted a wellness check on the student within the last 2 hours before coming to class:
- Student, or household members, has not been diagnoses with COIVD-19 in the last 14 days,
- Student has not had close contact of a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case within 14 days (that is, within 4-6 feet or a known or suspected COVID-19 case for 15-minutes or longer),
- Student is not exhibiting any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, shivering, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, feeling weak or fatigued, loss of taste or smell, muscle pain, headache, runny or congested nose, diarrhea.
- Students must use hand sanitizer or wash with soap and water before starting class.
- Once they enter, after washing/sanitizing, students go directly to assigned work area.
- Students should use hand sanitizer when exiting the studio.
- Parents/caregivers must meet their student outside the studio door for pick up.
- If an instructor has had COVID-19 or close contact with a confirmed case, the instructor will be required to test negative COVID-19 and be symptom free before returning to work.
- Review cleaning protocols between classes.
- Review drop off and pick up protocols.
- Self Screening
- Self checker: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Do not come into work if you are/have sneezing, coughing, runny nose, sore throat, fever of 100 or higher.
- Staff must wash hands or use hand sanitizer when they enter the building and in between classes.
- Staff must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer after touching their face or using the restroom.
Notice to Retail Customers
- Customers (including children age 2 and older) must wear a cloth face covering at all times while in the shop and maintain appropriate physical distance from staff and other customers.
- Floor markers and wall signs will be clearly visible to help everyone maintain appropriate social distancing inside the facility. Customers must comply with all signage.
- The maximum occupancy will be posted on the front door. If you see we are at max capacity, kindly wait outside until it is safe to enter.
In the event that a child, youth, customer, or staff person has COVID-19 infection confirmed by a positive COVID-19 test, Galaxy Kids Code Club will work with the Contra Costa County Health Services to determine appropriate next steps. All reporting protocols set by the county health department will be followed and the studio population will be notified accordingly while maintaining HIPPA regulations. If it is necessary to close the studio, all classes and camps will revert to the virtual format until we can safely reopen.
Office of the Director of Contra Costa Health Services
1220 Morello Avenue, Suite 200
Martinez, CA 94553