Learn to make Roblox games
LIKE A PRO
Learn to Make Roblox Games
Go from playing games in Roblox to creating and sharing your own 3D games!
Oct 4 - 7, 9:00 - 10:30 am PT (in-person)
Oct 4 - 7, 11:00 - 12:30 pm PT (virtually)
Oct 11 - 14, 9:00 - 10:30 am PT (virtually)
Oct 11 - 14, 11:00 - 12:30 pm PT (in-person)
Nov 22 -24, 9:00 - 10:30 am PT (in-person)
Nov 22 -24, 11:00 - 12:30 pm PT (virtually)
AGES: 8+ years old
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner – Intermediate
LOCATION: Brentwood, CA or virtually nationwide
FEE: Starts at $55/day. Receive a discount by enrolling for an entire session.
Flexible scheduling. Join for an entire session or drop-in for a day or two; virtually or in-person.
Roblox Camp Overview
Roblox camp is perfect for kids who love Roblox and are eager to learn how to create their own games on this popular platform. Aspiring game developers will learn how to create, publish, and share their own 3D Roblox games using Roblox Studio.
Games are a highly effective platform for learning to code and explore their creativity through real computing. Roblox in particular is ideal for teaching coding because it enables young coders to create high quality 3D games in just a few hours.
IN THIS COURSE:
- Create and publish games to Roblox
- Write real Lua code
- Build a strong foundation in the fundamental coding concepts of algorithms, data types, variables and loops
- Develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Publish games and invite friends to play
- 1.5 hours daily of live instruction, plus unlimited time for self-paced independent project development for the duration of enrollment
- Small class sizes
- Individualized progress report
FOR VIRTUAL GAME DEVELOPERS:
- MAC or Windows PC required
- Roblox and Roblox Studio (both free)
- Reliable internet connection with access to Zoom video conferencing
- Latest version of Google Chrome (preferred), Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, or Edge. NOTE: Internet Explorer on Windows XP is not supported
- Headset with microphone optional but recommended
Keeping Kids Safe Online
Coders test their games in Roblox Studio (no one else will have access unless explicitly invited). They can choose to invite friends to help them test in Roblox Studio. If coders choose to publish their games to Roblox, the games will be accessible to other players on the platform. Creating private VIP servers is beyond the scope of what will be covered in this camp.