Equip your child with critical 21st century skills
Galaxy Kids Technology class empowers students with critical 21st century skills. They will learn core technical skills as well as how to make smart choices with technology and stay safe online.
This is designed to be a year long curriculum, but each month is a separate unit and can be chosen a-la-carte. Each month will cover a different technical skill and focus on a different Digital Citizenship* topic. We will cover online safety, digital etiquette, cyber bullying, appropriate use, protecting your online reputation, social networking, plagiarism, copyright and fair use, how to conduct effective searches, how to evaluate sites for accuracy and bias, computer and internet history, typing, and of course coding!
*based on Common Sense Media’s award winning Digital Citizenship curriculum
- Practice and improve keyboarding skills
- Create original projects using Google Apps to create class deliverables including Docs, Slides, Sheets, and Forms
Digital Citizenship Themes
- Explain the rules of online safety and netiquette, cyber bullying, plagiarism, copyright and fair use
- Discuss ways technology can be useful, how it can be misused, and the consequences of misuse
- Learn how to manage and protect digital reputation
- Learn to employ search terms to narrow down appropriate sites in research
- Assess the credibility of a website or information
Digital Citizenship Topic
Class meets on Tuesdays for 1 hour at either 1:15 pm or 4:45 pm (pacific time). There are 4 classes per session.
per session (4 classes)