Galaxy Kids Code Club Terms
Limit of Liability
- Galaxy Kids LLC dba Galaxy Kids Code Club (“Galaxy Kids CC”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Galaxy Kids Inc. is an enrichment program providing basic computer programming instruction to elementary and middle school-aged children. Galaxy Kids CC will not be held liable for anything outside of the reasonable expectation of this description.
- Students will have access to the internet and could potentially view inappropriate material. Galaxy Kids CC will not be held liable for any inappropriate content accessed by students on the internet, regardless of how it is accessed.
- Galaxy Kids CC will not be held responsible for any student’s actions inside or outside of the classroom.
- Galaxy Kids CC will not be held responsible for any instructor’s independent actions both inside or outside of the classroom.
- Galaxy Kids CC’s instructors are not required to be medically trained and Galaxy Kids CC will not be held liable for any student’s medical conditions, treatments, or costs that may occur before, during, or after class. Parents/Guardians should always be reachable during class hours and ensure the instructor has an updated emergency contact number. If an instructor determines a student is in immediate danger due to a health issue, it is understood that the instructor will call 911 before calling the parent/guardian.
- Galaxy Kids CC is released from any and all liability. Parents/guardians assume any and all risks for any injury that may occur as a result of any activity that may take place at the premises of Galaxy Kids CC or in any other location while participating in any activity associated with Galaxy Kids CC, including, but not limited to, classes, camps, competition events, exhibitions, field trips, parties, and any other special events.
Copyrights All teaching materials, videos, and methodology are the property of Galaxy Kids CC and are not to be used by any outside instructors, clubs, tutors, or organizations without explicit written permission.
Student’s behavior All student participants are expected to conduct themselves properly and at all times follow the instructions of the instructors and volunteers. The use of profanity will not be accepted. Galaxy Kids CC is a safe environment and any bullying in any form, will not be tolerated (this includes cyberbullying and trolling). If a student fails to follow the rules or has excessive behavioral issues that continually disrupt other children’s ability to learn and participate, or needs constant attention to do so, the child will be removed from participation in the class and their parents/guardians will be contacted and required to pick up the child immediately. There is no refund or credit for a child asked to leave the program for behavioral reasons. Galaxy Kids CC strives to create a safe, welcoming environment for all children where instructors and children can direct their energies toward learning and creating.
Enrollment and Refund Registration and enrollment fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment is required at the time of registration in order to secure a student’s place in class. In the rare case that a class is canceled due to low enrollment, participants will receive a full refund or accommodation in another class. Cancellations initiated by the participant must be requested a minimum of 2 weeks before the start of the course/camp less a 20% cancellation fee (unless otherwise stated at the time of purchase). This request must be made in writing to email@example.com.
Monthly Payments & Attendance (applies to monthly membership clients): Membership students attend class weekly on a fixed day and time. Our membership program runs year-round and we bill on a monthly cycle. Payment is automatically withdrawn using the payment method on file. Students will not be allowed to attend class if an invoice is outstanding for more than 7 days. Payments are due on the same day each month (based on the date of initial enrollment). The monthly fee is fixed regardless of the number of weeks in a month. Credits cannot be given for missed classes (please see our make-up policy). If your student’s regular class day falls on a scheduled holiday, a make-up class will be offered. Our holiday/closure schedule can be found here.
Late Payment Fee: Overdue invoices will be subject to a $25 administrative fee if payment is not received within 7 days of the due date. Student will not be permitted to attend class if an invoice is more than 7 days past due. After 10 days of non-payment, the student will be un-enrolled from the program.
Custom Invoices: If you require a custom receipt or paid invoice for reimbursement or tax purposes, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific items that need to be included on the invoice. There is a $15 administrative fee to process these requests. Requests will be fulfilled within 5 business days once payment is received.
Absences & Make-ups
NOTE: This policy applies only to our monthly membership students. We are unable to offer make-up classes or credits for missed classes in Jr. Code Club, camps, workshops, or special events.
If your student is going to miss class, please let us know with a text message or email. Make-up classes are offered as a courtesy and are not guaranteed. We require 24-hours advanced notice for any planned changes to your regular class time (planned absences, vacations, etc). Make-up classes need to be arranged in advance and must occur within 2 weeks of the missed class. A missed class can be rescheduled once; if a student misses a scheduled make-up, it cannot be rescheduled again.
Absences due to illness: If an in-person student must miss class due to illness, we can accommodate the student in one of our virtual-only classes if space is available. Requests must be made before the missed class. Students must also have the proper equipment** at home to attend class virtually. Otherwise, the student can schedule a make-up class in person per the above policy (we understand 24-hour notice may not be possible in the case of illness, but we do still ask that you contact us before the missed class).
Our program is ongoing, year-round and you are free to cancel or resume at any time. Please note that our class sizes are limited and we operate on a first come first serve model. We cannot hold a student’s spot without payment.
We require a 2 week written (email or text) notice prior to cancellation so we can stop automatic monthly payments. Payments already processed will not be refunded. If paying with a purchase order or homeschool voucher and the voucher has already been approved by your charter, mid-month cancellations are not possible. Credits cannot be given for missed classes due to canceling/unenrolling mid-month.
Photo/Video Usage Photos, videos, and audio recordings of students and students’ work taken in class may be used for teaching purposes as well as promotional and marketing material. This may include but is not limited to galaxykidscodeclub.com website and social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc). Galaxy Kids CC, its employees, agents, licenses, and assignees will not be held responsible for loss or damage resulting from the use of my child’s likeness or work. Students, Parents and/or Guardians of minors will give permission to the owner of Galaxy Kids CC to use their child’s photos, likeness, and works on our website, Social Media, books, teaching materials, brochures, flyers or other forms for marketing and for teaching purposes. Requests to withhold such permission must be made in writing to Galaxy Kids CC. Please be as specific as possible in your request.
Internet UsageThe activities listed below are not permitted on ANY computer or electronic device at the premises of Galaxy Kids CC or in any other location while participating in any activity associated with Galaxy Kids CC. Students shall not:
- Knowingly access inappropriate website material
- Use inappropriate language on any computer in any software
- Give personal information such as name, phone number, address or identifiable photo on any website
- Harass, insult, attack others, or any other form of cyber bullying
- Damage or modify computers, computer systems, computer networks including installing any programs or changing any preferences or settings
- Violate copyright laws or plagiarize website material
- Access others’ folders, work, or files or access another user’s online or computer lab accounts without their permission
- Intentionally waste limited computer resources (such as printer paper/ink)
- Employ the network for commercial purposes or non-appropriate educational uses
- Search websites not necessary for class work
- Download files or run programs found on websites without permission from the instructor
- Knowingly pursue websites allowing viruses, adware, or spyware to infect computer systems
- Violate any rules posted on the premises
Student Accounts Students will use one or more online educational platforms as a student of Galaxy Kids CC. By enrolling a student, parents/guardians grant permission to Galaxy Kids CC to create online accounts on behalf of the child and to use the parent’s email address to create said online profiles on their child’s behalf.