Galaxy Kids LLC Terms
Limits of Liability
- Galaxy Kids LLC (dba Galaxy Kids Code Club) is an enrichment program providing basic computer programming instruction to elementary and middle school aged children. Galaxy Kids LLC will not be held liable for anything outside of the reasonable expectation of this description.
- Students will have access to the internet and could potentially view inappropriate material. Galaxy Kids LLC will not be held liable for any inappropriate content accessed by students on the internet, regardless of how it is accessed.
- Galaxy Kids LLC will not be held responsible for any student’s actions inside or outside of the classroom.
- Galaxy Kids LLC will not be held responsible for any instructor’s independent actions both inside or outside of the classroom.
- Galaxy Kids LLC’s instructors are not required to be medically trained and Galaxy Kids LLC will not be held liable for any student’s medical conditions, treatments, or costs which may occur before, during, or after class. Parents/Guardians should always be reachable during class hours and ensure the instructor has an updated emergency contact number. If an instructor determines a student is in immediate danger due to a health issue, it is understood that the instructor will call 911 before calling the parent/guardian.
- Galaxy Kids LLC is released from any and all liability. Parents/guardians assume any and all risks for any injury that may occur as a result of any activity that may take place at the premises of Galaxy Kids LLC or in any other location while participating in any activity associated with Galaxy Kids LLC, including, but not limited to, classes, camps, competition events, exhibitions, field trips, parties and any other special events.
Copyrights All teaching materials, videos, and methodology are the property of Galaxy Kids LLC and not to be used by any outside instructors, clubs, tutors, or organizations without explicit written permission.
Student’s behavior All student participants are expected to conduct themselves properly and at all times follow the instructions of the instructors and volunteers. Use of profanity will not be accepted. Galaxy Kids LLC is a safe environment and any bullying in any form, will not be tolerated (this includes cyber bullying and trolling). If a student fails to follow the rules or has excessive behavioral issues that continually disrupt other children’s ability to learn and participate, or needs constant attention to do so, the child will be removed from participation in the class and their parents/guardians will be contacted and required to pick up the child immediately. There is no refund or credit for a child asked to leave the program for behavioral reasons. Galaxy Kids LLC strives to create a safe, welcoming environment for all children where instructors and children can direct their energies toward learning and creating.
Enrollment and Refund Registration and enrollment fees are non-refundable. Late enrollments will be accepted as space allows. If a class is canceled due to low enrollment, participants will receive their full tuition refund. Cancellations initiated by the participant must be requested a minimum of 2 weeks before the start of the course (unless otherwise stated at time of purchase). This request must be made in writing to email@example.com.
Monthly Tuition & Attendance (applies to monthly membership clients): Membership students attend class once a week on a fixed day and time. We are year-round program. Tuition is automatically withdrawn using the payment method on-file. Tuition is due on the same day each month (based on day of enrollment). The monthly fee is fixed regardless of the number of weeks/classes in a month. Some months will have 5 weeks and some months will have 3 weeks (in the case of major holidays). The monthly tuition rate already factors in this variance in number of classes per month. Our holiday/closure schedule can be found here. We require 48 hour notice for any changes to your weekly schedule (planned absences, vacations, illness, etc.) in order to arrange a make-up class. Make-up classes need to be arranged in advance and must occur within 2 weeks of the missed class. Our program is ongoing, year round, and you are free to cancel or resume at anytime; however, we are first come first serve, and we require 2 weeks written (email) notice prior to cancellation. If tuition has already been charged for the month we will offer a credit for future tuition (we do not offer refunds). For absences longer than 1 week, we typically are unable to hold the class spot unless tuition continues to be paid.
Photo/Video Usage Photos, videos, and audio recordings of students and students’ work taken in class may be used for teaching purposes as well as promotional and marketing material. This may include but is not limited to galaxykidscodeclub.com website and social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc). Galaxy Kids LLC, its employees, agents, licenses, and assignees will not be held responsible for loss or damage resulting from the use of my child’s likeness or work. Students, Parents and/or Guardians of minors will give permission to the owner of Galaxy Kids LLC to use their child’s photos, likeness, and works on our website, Social Media, books, teaching materials, brochures, flyers or other forms for marketing and for teaching purposes. Requests to withhold such permission must be made in writing to Galaxy Kids LLC. Please be as specific as possible in your request.
Internet Usage The activities listed below are not permitted on ANY computer or electronic device at the premises of Galaxy Kids LLC or in any other location while participating in any activity associated with Galaxy Kids LLC. Students shall not:
- Knowingly accessing inappropriate website material
- Use inappropriate language on any computer in any software
- Give personal information such as name, phone number, address or identifiable photo on any website
- Harass, insult, attack others, or any other form of cyber bullying
- Damage or modify computers, computer systems, computer networks including installing any programs or changing any preferences or settings
- Violate copyright laws or plagiarize website material
- Access others’ folders, work, or files or access another user’s online or computer lab accounts without their permission
- Intentionally waste limited computer resources (such as printer paper/ink)
- Employ the network for commercial purposes or non-appropriate educational uses
- Search websites not necessary for class work
- Download files or run programs found on websites without permission from the instructor
- Knowingly pursue websites allowing viruses, adware, or spyware to infect computer systems
- Violate any rules posted on the premises
Student Accounts Students will use one or more online educational platforms as a student of Galaxy Kids LLC. By enrolling a student, parents/guardians grant permission to Galaxy Kids LLC to use their personal information (most typically email address) to create online profiles on their child’s behalf.