Learn to make Roblox games
LIKE A PRO
Roblox Camp Game Development
Go from playing games in Roblox to creating and sharing your own 3D games!
TOOLS: Roblox and Roblox Studio (Windows PC or Mac)
DATES: March 15th – 19th 10:00 am-12:30 pm PT (2.5 hours)
AGES: 8 – 13 years old
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner – Intermediate
Price: $50 per day or $225 for the week
Roblox Camp Overview
Roblox camp is perfect for kids who love Roblox and are eager to learn how to create their own games on this popular platform. Aspiring game developers will learn how to create, publish, and share their own 3D Roblox games using Roblox Studio.
Games are a highly effective platform for learning to code and explore their creativity through real computing. Roblox in particular is ideal for teaching coding because it enables young coders to create high quality 3D games in just a few hours.
IN THIS COURSE:
- Create and publish games to Roblox
- Write real Lua code
- Build a strong foundation in the fundamental coding concepts of algorithms, data types, variables and loops
- Develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Publish games and invite friends to play
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- MAC or Windows PC required
- Roblox and Roblox Studio (both free)
- Reliable internet connection with access to Zoom video conferencing
- Latest version of Google Chrome (preferred), Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, or Edge. NOTE: Internet Explorer on Windows XP is not supported
- Headset with microphone optional but recommended
Keeping Kids Safe Online
Coders test their games in Roblox Studio (no one else will have access unless explicitly invited). They can choose to invite friends to help them test in Roblox Studio. If coders choose to publish their games to Roblox, the games will be accessible to other players on the platform. Creating private VIP servers is beyond the scope of what will be covered in this camp.